Building Strong Foundations For Language and Literacy Through Music
Awarded Highly Commended in the Teach Early Years Awards 2023
We’re delighted that our Boogie Mites App was awarded highly commended in the Early Years Communication, Language & Literacy category of the Teach Awards 2023
Hours of educational music fun
Tried and tested music activities for 2-5’s
Underpinned by neuroscience evidence
– Boosts focus and attention
– Builds strong foundations for language
– Supports pre-phonics and literacy skills
– Nurtures confidence and creativity
– Results in smiling faces and dancing feet
Includes 10 Musical Poems written with Michael Rosen, Children’s Laureate, Professor of Children’s Literature at Goldsmiths University and author of ‘We’re Going On A Bear Hunt.’ Here’s what Michael says about the Boogie Mites App:
We all love music!
And now neuroscience evidence shows that active music making provides a rich learning environment that helps children develop the key skills they need to speak, count, read and make friends.
But if you’re not a musician, you may be thinking “ I don’t know how to bring the power of music into my home!”
That’s why we have created the Boogie Mites App.
It’s for anyone who wants to use joyful music activities to give their child the best educational start in life.
In this short video, our partner Dr Anita Collins explains how children under 5 who have been involved in daily music making, develop the cognitive structures that allow them to become competent readers when they get to school:
What’s in the app?
66 interactive song videos arranged in 3 sequenced sections:
Topical Tunes ideal for 2-4yrs
- Explore the world with Boogie Mites exciting action and percussion songs
- 30 songs covering inspiring themes including In The Jungle, Fairy Tales, Dinosaurs and Transport and At Sea
- Builds listening and speaking skills
- Develops physical coordination and spatial awareness
- Become your child’s best teacher with tips for leading the song, ideas for extension activities and links to children’s development
Musical Poems ideal for 3-5 yrs
- Introduce your child to the world of poetry through music and movement
- 10 song videos of Michael Rosen poems from Ready For Spaghetti and A Great Big Cuddle
- Boosts your child’s ability to discriminate rhythm and rhyme
- Develops mathematical thinking with complex movement sequences
- Encourages word mastery with tongue twisters and nonsense rhyme
Phonics Fun ideal for 3-5 yrs
- 26 songs, one for each letter of the alphabet
- Make letter sounds fun with engaging stories developed by professional storyteller and early years educator Rohini Vi
- Develops the auditory discrimination needed for reading
- Inspires your child’s imagination with exciting role play
- Prepares your child for phonics learning at school
Thank you to our young testers
Boogie Mites would like to thank all of the children who have tested the app at home.
Thank you to our ambassadors
Boogie Mites would like to thank our ambassadors who signed up to trial and feedback on the content and platform during the trial period. Here is some feedback from them:
The impact of Boogie Mites
Sometimes it’s hard to believe that something as fun and natural as music can have so many benefits for our children’s development and wellbeing. That’s why it’s great to hear from educators like Sarah who see the difference that daily Boogie Mites activities make:
“Those who came up from our Nursery where Boogie Mites songs had been used over the summer term had well developed phase one skills particularly in listening, rhythm, and rhyme.” Sarah Caird, Assistant Head Cranmer Primary, EYFS Lead
So if you want to support your children to thrive at school, with the language, reading and social skills that provide the foundation for future success, then why not add music making to your daily activities? With the Boogie Mites app it’s easy. Children love to follow along to our action packed music videos. And as they’re joining in with the brain-boosting fun they are developing the key skills that make a difference to school and later life. There are parent notes too, so you can support your child as they learn. What are you waiting for? Give it a go with our 1 month free trial and watch your child flourish with music.