Boogie Mites Newbury and Hungerford will always store your personal details securely. We’ll use your details to provide the service that you have requested, and communicate with you in the way(s) that you have actively agreed to.
We may pass your name and email address to Boogie Mites UK Ltd Head Office so that they can track any referred sales if you purchase products or services direct from them. They will not contact you unless you have given them your explicit consent.
We absolutely respect your right to privacy. You are free to change your preferences or to opt out at any time, you can do so by clicking on the relevant links in the footer of any email that you receive from Boogie Mites Newbury and Hungerford, or by emailing [email protected]
1.1 Use of personal information:
From time to time, we may collect personal data from you that allows you to be identified.
Personal data we may collect (with your consent) includes:
- name, organisation, address,
- Phone number
- e-mail and web address
- I.P. address
- social media identities
- services and products of interest to you
- communication preferences
- survey or consultation responses
- bank details for purchases
- written or electronic notes from our discussions
Your personal data may be collected whilst:
- subscribing to our mailing lists
- purchasing our products
- attending Boogie Mites events – training or courses or workshops
- sub-contracting to work with, or for, Boogie Mites Newbury and Hungerford
Personal data is collected to enable Boogie Mites to:
- provide you with better services
- Inform you about services you have booked – eg venue/time changes or cancellations
- communicate more clearly with you according to your preferences
- communicate more directly with you, e.g. through email or social media channels
- process payments and postage for any purchases you make
- notify you of any changes to our services or terms and conditions
- send you information about our other products and services
- determine the effectiveness of research, campaigns and advertising
- administrate and audit our accounts
Boogie Mites Newbury and Hungerford does not collect sensitive data (e.g. religious, philosophical or political views, trade union membership, genetic data, biometric data, health scores, racial information or sexual orientation). If, in the future, Boogie Mites needed to collect sensitive data (such as for an academic research programme), we will ensure that we obtain your prior explicit consent. You always have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
1.2 Data Security, Cookies and Third Parties:
We take the security of your personal data extremely seriously.
Boogie Mites Newbury and Hungerford will never sell, rent, distribute or otherwise make user data commercially available to any third party, except where obligated by law. Boogie Mites will not share information about you without your express permission, or unless this information is already in the public domain, for instance on your web site. While it is unlikely, Boogie Mites may be required to disclose your personal data by a court order or to comply with other legal requirements. Boogie Mites will use all reasonable endeavours to notify you before we do so, unless we are legally restricted from doing so.
We are responsible for ensuring that:
- Any personal data that they hold is kept securely.
- Personal information is not disclosed either orally or in writing or by any other means, accidentally or otherwise, to any unauthorised third party.
Personal information will be:
- kept in a locked filing cabinet, drawer, or safe; or
- if it is computerised, be coded, encrypted or password protected both on a local hard drive and on a network drive that is regularly backed up
1.3 Lawful processing and retention:
We process your personal data on the following lawful bases:
- Personal data is processed on the basis of a person’s consent so that we can communicate with you by your preferred methods.
- Personal data is processed on the basis of a contractual relationship, e.g. when students, customers and sub-contractors work with Boogie Mites, attend courses or events or when customers purchase products.
- Personal data is processed on the basis of legal obligations, e.g. for our financial, audit, statutory or regulatory compliance purposes.
- Personal data is processed on the basis of legitimate interests, e.g. marketing or advertising, income generation, disseminating our research and impacts, personalising your experience, keeping your data safe, maintaining financial records and general communications, where we are confident that this will not impact on your rights.
Boogie Mites Newbury and Hungerford has a duty to retain some staff and customer personal data for a period of time following their departure from the company or company services. Mainly for legal reasons, but also for other purposes such as:
- contractual obligation
- being able to provide references and
- academic transcripts
- financial reasons, for example relating to taxation.
Different categories of data will be retained for different periods of time. The exact details of retention periods and purposes are set out and available from Lizzie Lock ([email protected])
1.4 Your Rights:
You have the right to opt-out of particular communications or to ask for your personal data to be updated, restricted to specific uses, processed in a particular way, or erased from our databases. In the latter case, whilst ceasing all further communications with you, we reserve our right to retain the trail of your previous communications and evidence of your deletion request for audit purposes. In certain circumstances, you have the right to data portability, which means we will provide your data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format.
You also have the right, free of charge, to access your personal records held on Boogie Mites Newbury and Hungerford’s files by written request, including by email, by contacting [email protected]. Any request will be acknowledged within 14 days and a full response provided within 30 days of receipt of the request provided we have been able to confirm your identity. Boogie Mites may have to withhold some information where it has a duty of confidentiality to third parties under The Data Protection Act 1998.
You are free to unsubscribe from our mailing lists at any time by opting out here:
Boogie Mites Newbury and Hungerford is a sole trader company. If you have any other questions about this policy or your personal data you can email or write to us for the attention of Lizzie Lock.
Any member of staff, customer, applicant or other individual who considers that the Policy has not been followed in respect of personal data about himself or herself should raise the matter with Lizzie Lock ([email protected]), who will give you written confirmation of the outcome within 28 days of hearing of the incident.
Policy updated May 2018