- You are here
- Is This Training For Me?
- 12th February 2017 - Licensees Bring Boogie Mites To Berkshire, Dorset and New Forest!
Is This Training For Me?
Boogie Mites can train your practitioners to implement high quality music activities in your setting to support learning across the 7 areas of the new EYFS, with particular emphasis on the 3 prime areas of Communication and Language, Physical Development and Personal, Social and Emotional Development.
- View details of our upcoming Practitioner Training Workshops
- Who Is Our Training For?
Our training is designed for for anyone working with Early Years families. Are you a nursery practitioner, children's centre practitioner or outreach worker, childminder or a teacher working in Year R? Then this training is for you!
- Do I Need Previous Musical Experience?
No! This training is specifically designed for practitioners with no musical training..although if you are a musician you will benefit from learning new songs, discovering ideas for multi sensory delivery and exploring how to link music to specific learning outcomes.
- Which Music and Movement Programmes Can I Train To Lead?
You can train to lead any of the following Music and Movement Programmes
- Boogie Mites Baby Programme (birth to crawling)
- Boogie Mites Minis Programme (crawling-3yrs)
- Music and Movement Programme to Support Listening and Speaking Skills (Letters and Sounds Phase 1)
- Music and Movement Programme to Support Numeracy (2-6yrs)
- Music and Movement For Healthy Living (2-6yrs)
- Music and Movement Programme to Support SEN (Sticks and Sounds)
- How Is The Training Structured?
Our training is divided into 2 stages. You can choose to do stage 1 by itself or train on both stages, depending on your requirements.
1. Step 1 (3 hours) : An exciting hands-on session in which you will learn the songs and supporting activities that make up your chosen prgramme, explore how these support EYFS learning areas and gain tips for delivery and engagement.
- Training - £55.00 per person
- Price Includes Lifetime Licence
- Practitioner CD pack (one required per setting) - -£35.00pp
2. Step 2 (3 hours): Now learn how to incorporate the songs and activities that you have learned in Step 1, to lead parent-child shared learning courses. Explore shared learning workshop plans, discuss techniques to increase parental engagement and home practice, examine evaulation methods to measure the impact of your courses.
- Training - £250.00 for up to 4 practitioners from one setting (eg Children's Centre cluster team, Portage team)
- Price includes Mentor Support
- Practitioner CD pack (one required per setting) - £35.00pp
- There is also an annually renewable licence fee payable to allow settings/organisations to offer the Boogie Mites parent education programmesin family settings. Please request details of the annually renewable licence fee.
- Mentor Support
If you choose to train on stage 1 and 2, you will have access to your own mentor over a 12 month period to support you in delivering the programme in your setting. Your mentor is there to answer your questions on any aspect of delivery, from advertising courses, delivering the songs and completing evaluations. You can invite your mentor to observe your sessions, so that she/he can evaluate your delivery and reflect on best practise.
- What Do People Say About Boogie Mites Training?
Read outcomes from Boogie Baby Training at a Kent Children's Centre Cluster
Read a case study from a West Sussex Nursery
Read a case study from an SEN setting in Telford
Excellent training. Very interactive, physical, great resource, super ‘feel good factor’ for everyone taking part. It will have an impact on all areas of learning but especially PSED and CLLD. . an innovative approach to music in Early Years. Martine Horvath, East Sussex Early Years Advisor
The very next day I was teaching staff and children the songs we had covered in the training. The children loved 5 Little Fish and learnt it within a couple of sessions. It captures their imagination and holds their attention for more than any other song we have played. Chocolate Cake was excellent for teaching children to think about words and how to break them down. Tamsin Moore, Westbrook Little People, Waterlooville
FOR DETAILS OF UPCOMING TRAINING DAYS CLICK HERE
Or Contact Sue to discuss your requirements 023 9281 7274, firstname.lastname@example.org